Kantha Plaid Cool Blue
Handmade fair trade Kantha plaid using vintage cotton sari fabric - reversible - Cool Blue.
Kantha (meaning: “patched cloth”) refers both to the tradition of producing these unique, quilted blankets, as well as the craft and stitch itself (a small, straight running stitch). These blankets are made from upcycled sari, found in every woman’s wardrobe in India. Carefully washed and selected by colour, before they turn into beautiful plaids and bedcovers. Each plaid is unique, always different, never the same. Only the passion and love for our handicraft remains the same. Nothing machined, just manual work.
100% handmade in India
Each colourful plaid has its own unique combination and pattern and is made from similar colour groups of upcycled sari. Your rug will fit following colour schemes:
Cool Blue, Dark Vibes, Eclectic, Green Glow, Pink & Purple, Pretty Pastel, Red Flame or Yellow & Orange.
They come in 2 sizes: Bedcover (250x250 cm) and plaids (140x200cm).
CARE & USE
- Wash separately at maximum 30ºC.
- Use a gentle cycle and mild detergent, without bleach.
- Dry flat.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Spot cleaning when small, local spots.
- Vacuum regularly.
- If you find a loose thread, cut it with scissors, do not pull.
- Each product is handmade. For this reason it may have some minor 'imperfections'. These characteristics, which differ from product to product, are a guarantee of absolute authenticity.
Who made my product?
At Solid, we are committed to building a strong, fair and sustainable fashion and homew are industry, with a production in Peru, India and Kenya that values and upholds artisans, their craftsmanship and their communities . With products that are high on quality and only use the best natural fibers, Solid is committed to the development of Solid’s artisan workshops promoting fair trade good practices .