Mkeka Laundry Basket with drawstring
Palmleave laundry basket
Baskets that tell a story
Hadithi Crafts offers a collection of traditional and contemporary baskets, handmade by women in Tsavo (Kenya), from the fibre of the local Mkeka plant, a type of palmleaf. The weaver dries and twines her palmleaf fibres by hand, following traditional techniques passed on by generations of basket weavers. Inside you will find a personal card with the name and picture of the artisan who made your basket.
Our beautiful baskets and shoppers are made from palmleaf fibers, that are grown locally. No pesticides nor chemical fertilizers are needed for this.
100% handmade in Kenya
Available in sizes XXS to XXL.
CARE & USE
- Keep your basket away from direct sunlight. The colours will fade if exposed to bright sunlight.
- Keep your basket dry, it is made from natural materials so will deteriorate if it gets wet.
- If your basket gets out of shape, you can spray lightly with water and reshape it with your hands, or / and put a pot of a similar shape inside it.
- If you use your basket as a plant pot, ensure you keep the basket dry. Line your basket with a thick plastic or use a plastic pot inside your basket.
- How to take care of your handwoven basket?
Who made my product?
At Solid, we are committed to building a strong, fair and sustainable fashion and homew are industry, with a production in Peru, India and Kenya that values and upholds artisans, their craftsmanship and their communities . With products that are high on quality and only use the best natural fibers, Solid is committed to the development of Solid’s artisan workshops promoting fair trade good practices .